Double Glazing Repair estimates.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
5 of my units of various sizes in the main house and conservatory have misted window panes, internally. I have emailed locally and have received estimates ranging from £185 with 10 year warranty to £290 with 5 year warranty.

Superficially they all seem to offer the same service, remove old sealed unit and fit new. But with such prices and warranty differences, I think I may be missing something. (No! Not a screw :) ).

Are there more questions I should ask of the firms to ensure that I get a good job at reasonable price?

BTW I live on the Hants Dorset border.

Sponsored Links
Ah well :( it seems I'm on my own, unless anyone at least knows some firm in my area (BH postcode) they can recommend someone

how long does a 10 year gtee last!!!!
answer untill the company goes out off buisness

basicly go for the the local company with a reputation

tell them if they give you a good deal you will come to them when the rest need replacing ;)

I see where big-all is coming from, but what if the warranty is insurance based? Also take the point about local reputation, but unfortunately do not know anyone who has needed repairs.

So if anyone on DIYDoc has a recommendation in the Bournemouth postcode area, I'll will welcome it. :)

Sponsored Links
Make sure are part of FENSA and/or GGF make sure the quotes are like for like i.e. same quality of glass same quality of unit manufacture.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back