double glazing wood windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Have purchased several Magnet wood windows, all pre finished with the intension of glazing myself.
I've got the units but am not 100% clear on the fitting.
I realise that there should be packers under each unit and they should fit centrally in the frame but what about the actual fitting.
Do I put sealant on the inside face of the glass?
Also, the bottom bead doesn't seem to sit properly when I fit dry, there is a 2/3 mm gap at the top and bottom of the side beading where they abut which goes when I push the bottom bead up, therefore , should this bead also be packed?

Sponsored Links
how deep are the rebates on the windows for the glass to sit in !!!

they need to manufactured deeper for double glazing

put the units on 5mm packers, this should be about central, just look from inside to see that theres not too much spacer bar showing on one of the sides, take back out and run a small bead of glazing silicone along the back edge, place packers back down and then sqidge the unit onto the silicone, seal around the dg unit and then push the beads onto the silicone, then pin.

Always use glazing silicone though and not low mod as it'll attack the dg seals and blow the unit.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back