1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Double insulated wiring for outside porch light

Discussion in 'Electrics Outside of the UK' started by silvertabbies, 9 Sep 2010.

1. silvertabbies

silvertabbies

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    double insulated wiring?
    I have bought an outside porch light here in Spain (It is made in Germany). It says on the instructions the supply wiring has to be double insulated. The pack contains two silicone sleeves - when fitted over the live and neutral wire are these the double insulation - or is there something else needed?

and what do I do with the not needed earth wire?

2. Sponsored Links
  3. wingcoax

wingcoax

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I think you have mis-read the instructions. The light is probably double insulated with a little symbol of a box within a box, the sleeves will be to give a bit of extra protection from the heat of the lamp.

4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local