Double Oven Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning All,

Our larder cabinet installed double oven recently gave up the ghost on us and we've picked up a cheap one from Ebay to keep us going. We've seen it working however this was only a temp connection to show us it doing its stuff.

There is no wiring currently connected to the Oven Terminal at all. The 6mm cable that was connected to the old has had to be chopped to help get the thing out. As the wiring to the Fused connection on the wall runs behind all the kitchen units and all plastered and tiled in, I can't be ripping anything out to rewire.

My question is can I connect some 6mm cable to the Oven Terminal and join this to the existing 6mm wire using a 60A junction box?

I realise this isn't ideal but I'm not in a position to do much of anything else really?

Thanks in advance,

Dale

Sponsored Links
Not sure why FUSED connection unit and 6mm cable something seems wrong!

Sorrry, thats my bad terminology. Its actually a 45A Double Pole Switch.

But i see where you are coming from with that. Thanks.

Is it still possible to do a junction box though to save cutting the back out of a kitchen unit or screwing and chiseling?

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately after using a , I'd have to use a
jackhammer.gif
, to get channel a brick wall and I have very little room to work in really. I really dont want to be making a mess of either the wall or the kitchen unit so thats why I hit on the JB idea.

the surface mount cooker conection unit is the best option.. makes it possible to change the oven later on easily..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back