Double pipe cover?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, we had a new boiler installed and have ended up with this in our downstairs toilet:
I'd like to cover the pipes, in particular to cover up the mess it's made of the mosaic tiling where they come through the wall.
I found this: http://www.screwfix.com/p/double-pi...-4/79354#product_additional_details_container
The backplates for this look the same as the ones that have been fitted to the pipes. Is this the right thing to buy? Any advice? (As my user-name suggests, complete novice!)
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I think it will depend on what backplates/supports they have used for your pipes and if they have something to clip the cover onto. B&Q and other hardware stores have similar products e.g. http://www.diy.com/departments/plumbsure-double-pipe-clip-dia15mm/184675_BQ.prd so it might be best if you can measure the distance from the outside edge of the supports and go to the shop and get the measurements of their cover (they should flex a little bit if your spacing it a little bigger).

However if you find your supports are not suitable for any of the covers you could use their backplates at the top and bottom of your pipes and clip over. (if that makes sense)

Thank you- have just checked with a torch and they do say talon. It's so faint I wouldn't have even noticed it was there!
Yes, my husband in his wisdom decided this was better than going through the kitchen worktop and under the bathroom sink?! (I was away at the time...)

Sponsored Links
Ouch my eyes!! Could have at least used chrome and munsen rings to give it an industrial feel.

As said above talon covers should fit but TBH if it were me (and had spare mosaics) then I would take out and start again as you will forever be unhappy with it.

Jon

Don't ask. It's a mess. Happy I was not. Unfortunately, hubby seemed to think it was all brilliant and got in a huff when I suggested complaining (it was installed by a major gas company).
It may have to be the cover until we can afford to pay someone to put it right. Grrrr!!!

What are the pipes actually?? The hot and cold feeds to the basin or radiator pipes? Either or, one of them is going to get hot during use so it'll need covered

Good grief man, exiting half way down a wall, through mosaic next to a basin down and under .... what planet was he on where they all agreed with him that it looked good :eek::ROFLMAO:

Don't mean to dis your other half but I think he really should be kept out of all the important decisions from now on ;)

Get some extra clips and take the trunking from floor to ceiling, then paint it.

I think i may have missed something here. Was this a DIY hubby did it while you were away or a paid for job while you were away?

That might actually help your answers as if you paid for this then it really wouldn't be acceptable depending on price paid!

If hubby did it then put him on a no sex diet for 2 weeks and get him to up his game! (DIY not sex!)

Jon

Oh my god... I wouldn't dream of doing that **** and if I did, then it would be time for me to not wake up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It was a paid for job! Installed by Southern Electric. Hubby agreed to the pipes going through the wall rather than through the kitchen worktop as installer said worktop might crack as it's granite (it's not, it's composite!)
This was over a year and a half ago though, only just got round to putting my mind to it...As I said, I wanted to complain at the time but my other half didn't feel we needed to.
Here's what the other side looks like. Any comments welcome:

It was a paid for job! Installed by Southern Electric. Hubby agreed to the pipes going through the wall rather than through the kitchen worktop as installer said worktop might crack as it's granite (it's not, it's composite!)
This was over a year and a half ago though, only just got round to putting my mind to it...As I said, I wanted to complain at the time but my other half didn't feel we needed to.
Here's what the other side looks like. Any comments welcome:

Well that looks very neat, so god knows why they decided to wreck the tiling in the other room!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back