Double pipe cover?

That's a case of, all too tight to run it all downwards by the looks of it, chap thought .... hmmm can I get the bits and try to drill the composite and then crack it, erm, nope ... that would be nightmare replacement costs, explanations to the boss, much hand wringing ensues, etc.etc.etc.

'fraid that one comes down to the hubby saying, "yeah fire away" .... "just do it that way" ... "it'll look fine" :eek: and then "oh pants, how do I explain that one"

Sponsored Links
Shame either a spirit level wasnt used, or at least line em up to the tile line. Ps be it granite or composite, both can be drilled. Im guessing the install wasn't cheap feel for you.

Installer fancied his pipe bending skills over his drilling skills and hubby was all to keen to listen to the bullshit reasons not to drill through the worktop :D

Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone. Looks like it's going to be a case of covering the pipes and learning to live with it.

Like you I'd have real trouble living with that. I'd even be tempted to see if you can find those types of tiles, disconnect the pipework, cut 3 lines of tiles out, chase the wall and bury them and then re-tile back on top.
A plumber could do the re-pipe for not a huge sum of money and a good DIY'er could deal with the the rest of it.

Electric co. :unsure: You wouldn't have had that with a well known national Gas co.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back