Double roman tiles spacing

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You need to put the bottom right tile on first then go from right to left putting one course along the bottom then copy with the second course making sure both nibs are resting(touching) on the back of the tile batten, then the same with the third.

Good pictures though you gave a chuckle after a crap day

Thanks again for your help.
Glad I could cheer you up.
I had another lousy day.(as you can see).
Obviously before I can fix the tiles down,they must fit correctly.
If I lay all the bottom row(course as they say in the trade),temporarily block them up(until my fascia arrives)to see if the two rows above (courses)look ok.
Would you recommend fixing the tiles down or some of them?
Another question if you dont mind me asking.
On the sides where the tiles are going to overhang 50 mm or so,looked at my own bungalow roof(1933),the slate that goes under the batten,does it finish flush with the outside of the wall,the muck then is filled between the slate and the tile?

......just when you think you have seen it all....... :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: well we all have to start somewhere! i suppose, preferably from the bottom up. :rolleyes:

stick at it graan it will all come together in the end ;)
make sure you have enough projection over your fascia board and into the gutter on your bottom course of tiles.

Im an electrical maintenance engineer not a roofer,if you didnt guess already

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back