Double sealed inspection cover replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Took up a pine floor over screed for an insurance claim after a leak in the central heating in the floor. They found the leak and will reinstate. But when the floor was up, discovered this, what I now know is a, double sealed inspection cover, with a recessed lid. Because the extension is 20-30 years old I figure now is a good time to check the cover.

Have dynorod round tomorrow for a "free quote" on inspection and replacement of the cover.

Some questions:

1) Do they fail over time? Definite smells in the room from time to time
2) You can hear err transit (water running), will a new cover be quieter? Can I add a layer below tiling to silence it?
3) The old floor went right over the cover. Does it matter if we tile over it, or over a new one? Other than inconvenience should it need to be opened up obvs

Any comments much appreciated, cheers!

:D

Edit: please note this is technically a shared private branch :eek:

Attachments

• DSC_0525.JPG
    DSC_0525.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Should I put a plywood layer down? Can fix into existing battons from the wooden floor. Will lose 18mm of room height but heh ho..

Edit: or tile backer board right? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back