Double socket off a 13a fused switch?

Sponsored Links
It's amazing what can happen during an hour or two away from the forum! I know that we see lots of silly quibbling exchanges (and that I am party to a fair number), but I think that all but the last one of the last 15 posts above may take some sort of 'biscuit'!

In any event, 'discussions' about the way in which the (very simple) arithmetic is undertaken (I was brought up to do it with a slide rule!) are pretty insignificant when there is uncertainty regarding the figures being fed into the calculations (i.e. as to whether the rated power relates to 220V or 240V) - as they say, "garbage in, garbage out".

Kind Regards, John

It's amazing what can happen during an hour or two away from the forum! I know that we see lots of silly quibbling exchanges (and that I am party to a fair number), but I think that all but the last one of the last 15 posts above may take some sort of 'biscuit'!

In any event, 'discussions' about the way in which the (very simple) arithmetic is undertaken (I was brought up to do it with a slide rule!) are pretty insignificant when there is uncertainty regarding the figures being fed into the calculations (i.e. as to whether the rated power relates to 220V or 240V) - as they say, "garbage in, garbage out".

Kind Regards, John
OK, again I find myself agreeing with you and yes I too was using a slide rule at school (and log tables), however I feel there was no uncertainty as my original measurements of 14.8A immediately demonstrated that being >13A the figures on the rating plate of the drier related to 220V just as I have discovered on a number of other occasions and subsequently made calculations for the WM. I would imagine I posted about a hot drinks machine on here which had a very similar problem which was repaired several times by people who couldn't be bothered to investigate, before I had a look.
The result was this situation (German machines), 2x16A radials were installed to correct the problem, I wasn't there for the installation so I don't know how it was completed

Edit to clarify something.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back