Double socket spur from MCB?

But it is helpful to tell him things which are not necessarily true?
What would be helpful would be to give him complete information, rather than a statement which would raise doubts in his mind without any indication of what was being suggested.

Having said that, I strongly suspect that a good few electricians would say/believe that it is true that an unfused spur from a ring was only allowed to supply one socket - on the basis that such is what is said in the infamous Appendix 15, and that they hadn't even thought of running a 4mm² spur from a 2.5mm² ring (something which, again, is not mentioned in App 15). Indeed, as we know, some are not even convinced that such would be 'compliant'.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
What would be helpful would be to give him complete information, rather than a statement which would raise doubts in his mind without any indication of what was being suggested.
Don't forget I was talking to you.

Having said that, I strongly suspect that a good few electricians would say/believe that it is true that an unfused spur from a ring was only allowed to supply one socket - on the basis that such is what is said in the infamous Appendix 15, and that they hadn't even thought of running a 4mm² spur from a 2.5mm² ring (something which, again, is not mentioned in App 15). Indeed, as we know, some are not even convinced that such would be 'compliant'.
In other words you strongly suspect that a good few "electricians" don't actually understand the science behind circuit protection.

IMO any "electrician" who doesn't fully understand what protection a cable requires should face prosecution for fraud.

In other words you strongly suspect that a good few "electricians" don't actually understand the science behind circuit protection.
I don't doubt that there are at least some who don't understand that, but it's not what I was talking about. I wasn't talking about understanding of the science but, rather, of interpretation/perception of the regulations.

As we know, there are things which appear fine in terms of "the science" but which are, or may be, contrary to regulations.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back