Double Sockets with wiring on right hand side?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me where I can buy a Double Socket, where all the wiring connections are on the right-hand side?

I am trying to covert a single socket to a double socket. Common sense would dictate, I put the new socket in the middle, so the wires are in the middle. However, this is not an option due to obstruction.

The current wiring (Earth) is short. I think both live and neutral are okay.

My father suggested, I could connect Earth to the metal box which has an Earth connector and then run a short Earth wire. I wonder, if this is a cowboy job. How do the Pro's solve this problem?

Sponsored Links
Your father is correct.

You can extend the wires with connectors.
Put the pairs of wires (assuming a ring) in a connector and extend to socket with a single wire.

So how is the connector in the box any less acceptable than any other connector?

To the OP, a cowboy is a man who rounds up cattle on horseback, not a type of electrician.

Sponsored Links
Winston - WT_ is wrong with you?

screenshot_1172.jpg

Seriously - there is something VERY wrong with you - do you know what it is?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back