How many wires can be fed into a block connector?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a single unswitched wall socket. It has 3 live wires, 3 neutral and 3 earth. I presume that this socket is supplying a spur nearby?

I have attached a double socket conversion plate kit. My problem is that I am having difficulty rewiring the double socket (the replacement) due to the wires not reaching, eg: the earth is on the opposite side of the double and I am struggling to get all 3 live wires back into my new double socket.

Is the solution to feed the 3 lives, 3 neutrals and earths each into their own block connector eg: 3 lives going into 1 block conector and then feeding a a single wire out of the block connector and into my new double socket? I say this as it would be stupid to use a total of 9 block connectors! Is this not sensible?

Sponsored Links
yeah existing wires into the block connector and then a single wire to each terminal of the socket will be fine.

what kind of conversion is this? is it a traditional big one with a seperate socket and converter box (in which case you'll have no problem finding room for the connector block) or one of those thinner one peice ones (in which case you may well have space problems).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back