Electrical Wiring - Ceiling Light

There may be 3 earth sleeves visible, but there should be 5 earth wires into that rose.

Whether 5x 1 milli conductors will go into one connector, I'm not sure. Is the cable 1.5 or 1.0 milli?

Also important to consider is how much slack there is in the ceiling void, as you need a bit to pull down in order to terminate comfortably.

Otherwise, you'd need to fit Wago's or similar and extend to the fitting.

Sponsored Links
So, yes, it might not be a vast number of years before neutrals at switches become 'not unusual' as a general finding in domestic lighting circuits
My feeling is that, moderated by the age of the property, we are actually into the "not unusual" zone.

So, yes, it might not be a vast number of years before neutrals at switches become 'not unusual' as a general finding in domestic lighting circuits
My feeling is that, moderated by the age of the property, we are actually into the "not unusual" zone.
Well, as I said the 'not unusual zone' (aka 'not usual zone') is very wide compared with the 'unusual' and 'usual' ones, and the decision as to where the boundaries lie will be very much a subjective (essentially arbitrary) one - so I have no difficulty or problem in believing that such may be your feeling (and undoubtedly that of some others, too).

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back