doubt on a point who need to be sorted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, to start i will say that i am not english so excuse myself if i could be hard to understand.
OK here we go, i have been working on the trade for 14 in france and i am now in new zealand. i came across this problem lately.
We are doing a heating system instalation where i am in trouble to keep the hight right. My forman is telling me that they never heard about the fact that you can connect the branches on the main by the bottom. I agree that its probably better to do it by the top but as they the hight are wrong i did propose to connect them by the bottom as i have done it before and that the air will be purge on the radiator anyway.
They doesn't seem to trust this and i think i am right so i come to see what you guys think about. Obviously the all system is not level but a bit going up to purge at the far end or on the radiators.
Can anyone tell me if you have done that before ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
My best guess is that you are talking about piping up radiators? If so the general rule is to use the bottom connections for fitting. Having said that, it is acceptable by some rad makers to use the top connections. Does no one over there speak or write any English? You've been in the trade 14 years, and are still not sure, yeh right, or is this a wind up?

There are many people who have been in the trade for 14 years who still dont know what they are doing!

Best thing would be for him to learn English and read some plumbing books!

Sponsored Links
no its not that after 14 years i am not sure of what i am doing; i am trying to find a way to show them than i am right.

What i am talking about isn't to connect the pipes on the radiators. i try to say that.

I have 173 radiators to put on one floor. I have the flow and return coming from the shaft running on the sealant, then for each rooms are pull branches but at the middle of the room they is a beam so i cant keep the hight of the branches if i connect the branches on the top of the main pipes.
I know that i can connect them at the bottom of the mains then run them along to my radiators or i will be able to purge.

Is this making sense ?

I have 173 radiators to put on one floor. I have the flow and return coming from the shaft running on the sealant, then for each rooms are pull branches but at the middle of the room they is a beam so i cant keep the hight of the branches if i connect the branches on the top of the main pipes.
I know that i can connect them at the bottom of the mains then run them along to my radiators or i will be able to purge.

Is this making sense ?
Vous etes un fitter avec un cul velu et aucun cou , n`est ce pas ? ;) ( hairy arsed , no neck pipefitter) Kevplumb has done a bit of ironfighting . Can you describe the piperuns , ie. ....is horizontal : .....is vertical . Or post a line drawing ?

Attachez les tuyaux aux radiateurs au dessous des tuyaux de circulation principals comme vous le proposez et fixez un purgeur automatique ou quand meme manuel en dessus.
ca va regler le probleme?
En effet,qu'est ce que ca va changer si les tuyaux s'attachent au-dessus des tuyaux prinipals- comment purger ainsi sans un purgeur supplementaire?

correct, you have done this and had no problem at all.

Thanks for your reply

Attachez les tuyaux aux radiateurs au dessous des tuyaux de circulation principals comme vous le proposez et fixez un purgeur automatique ou quand meme manuel en dessus.
En effet,qu'est ce que ca va changer si les tuyaux s'attachent au-dessus des tuyaux prinipals- comment purger ainsi sans un purgeur supplementaire?

Or in English:

Attach the hoses to the radiator pipes underneath traffic principals as you suggested and set a trap even when automatic or manual above.
it's going to settle the problem?
In fact, what it's going to change the hoses attach to the top of the pipe-prinipals how to purge and trap without an extra?

Andy

Or in English:

Attach the hoses to the radiator pipes underneath traffic principals as you suggested and set a trap even when automatic or manual above.
it's going to settle the problem?
In fact, what it's going to change the hoses attach to the top of the pipe-prinipals how to purge and trap without an extra?

Andy

that was english :LOL:

or ventex les points de mointain - vent the high points :mrgreen:

Bit fo a stab in the dark, but I think the guy is talking about having the tees on the main runs pointing downwards - so there's a dip between main run and radiator. His argument is that any air will be carried long the pipe and settle out in the rads - as it would anyway.

The big issue I'd see is that air in the main runs wouldn't necessarily settle out in the rads, so you'd quite possibly need addition air vents to clear the main lines. On the other hand, I'd imagine a system of this size probably needs air vents at strategic places anyway.

With 14 years of experience I dont see why he needs to get confirmation of anything from here.

I wonder if the Aussis pull the frogs legs?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back