down lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi. ive just installed down lights in my bath room ceiling witch is up stairs in my home and im worried about the loft insulation is it safe to cover the lights and is there a fire hazzard from the insulation ??????

Sponsored Links
i would not put intallation on top of the lights, you can buy fire proof covering for lights if you are worried, also with the damp/condensation of a bathroom make sure the lights are designed for a bathroom.

The lamps will have a significantly shorter life if they are kept too hot, as well. So make sure to clear a gap in the insulation around the lights.

Sponsored Links
onesongrg said:
i would not put intallation on top of the lights, you can buy fire proof covering for lights if you are worried, also with the damp/condensation of a bathroom make sure the lights are designed for a bathroom.
the lights are ok for bath room as stated in the intructions but not for over head showers . its just the insulation thats worring me i will make room for the lights to give off any excess heat by cutting round the lights where can i get the heat sheilds from for these type of lights they are mains down lights not 12 v type thx for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back