Down Pipe Shoe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First of all, thanks to one and all for taking the time to offer help on this site. I'm in the middle of a bathroom re-vamp and have found alot of my questions answered.

I thought i'd do a quick job today and buy a shoe for a downpipe. The external diameter is 62mm and internal is 58mm but i can't find one to fit. Have i got very old stock or am i being a plank?

Many Thanks

Buzzbob.

Sponsored Links
Buzzbob said:
The external diameter is 62mm and internal is 58mm
Not sure what you mean by this, the thickness of the pipe is 2mm which make your statement above correct, what sizes are you after?

It's a round pipe and i went and bought the only size available at Wickes but it was too big. I took it back and asked if they came any smaller but they didn't. I've since checked and they all seem to be quoted as having 68mm diameter (not sure if thats internal or external).

is it a grey plastic :?: seem to recall there were some "undersize" ones about , way back :confused:

Sponsored Links
Cheers-I've taken a knife to it and scraped off the years of paint and it's black underneath. It does join up with a stop end outlet so that would indicate it was part of a "system" rather than some old bit of pipe that was left over.

I don't suppose anyone's got any ideas about stockists of the old size system?

Thanks

Thanks for your help guys. Spot on Nige -it's plastic. I guess i'm looking to "adjust" a section of straight and make one!!

I wasn`t having a pop.....I was wondering myself if we were talking c/iron :oops: no offence intended kevnurse.......Irespect nurses, I have to, I`ve lived with one for 26 years ;)

No problem Nige. I thought it was cast iron because buzzbob mentioned "years of paint". By the way, my name is Kev Nurse. I'm not the kind of nurse you would want to see in suspenders...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back