downlight lamp holders and barthroom installations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a property with loads of downlights , the lights themselves are very reliable but the lamp holders ( connector to the two pins on the end of the lamp ) seem to suffer from the heat and occasionally one will fail.
two questions

!/ as access to the cielings is extreemley restricted and I can only get at the connector ,what is the usual way of repairing or replacing the small round connector?

2/ in an installation above a shower obviously there is an appropriate light fitting , does this whole thing (inner and outer casing) :?: just pull down through the hole or Iam I likeley to damge the ceiling by doing so? :?: :confused:

Sponsored Links
1)
What type of down lights are they, are they sealed units or the lamps clipped in? Normally you would remove the clip holding the lamp, the lamp will drop and you have access to the pots.
2) try unscrewing the fronts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back