Downlight or Led strip?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What would give a better light over four shelves in an alcove... an MR11 downlighter or a strip of 'warm white' leds. fixed onto the top shelf?

Sponsored Links
Would this not just light the top shelg though and are you saying fluorescent over LED?

Would this not just light the top shelg though
Maybe.

But so?

Explain how a downlighter, or a strip of LEDs would not "just light the top shelf" in the same way that a fluorescent strip would?

and are you saying fluorescent over LED?
Don't know what TTC is saying, but I would say yes, fluorescent over LED every time.

Sponsored Links
LED rope light, ran vertically, at edge of shelve, cloaked by a nice tidy nib. Socket at base of shelving to plug LED into, perhaps using an in-line switch on the LED PSU lead to enable switching at a more convienient point.

Only about 4 or 5 watt per metre, can be cut at 2 metre intervals, will light all the shelves.

Lovely :cool:

Yes thats where I got the idea from a top shelf was lit up in a pub by a rope light which was horizontal so it could not be seen. The it was recommended to use led strips as they are less obtrusive. I didnt realise you could cut rope lites either!

What flourescent would be small enough to work, Im not too sure about all the options.

hhhm, could do, but want a nice glow really. Can these be dimed?

Robus do a warm white under cabinet light, the light is pretty much identical to incandesent.

No, they cannot be dimmed, not sure why you'd want to either.

Just to have a low lite when watchin movies, as its not good to watch films in pitch darkness! Cheers I'll take a look at Robus.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back