Downlighter Wiring - Thoughts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just finished tidying up some atrocious downlighter wiring in my house.

Thinking I could go a bit shorter on the conductors in the boxes and need to pick up some double cable clips to get that T+E clipped down but, thoughts so far?

Original Install

New Install

Kinda bummed my harmonised label isn't quite central

Sponsored Links
Didn't know that the te version of the glands could seal on two cables, or are they round cable glands that were in the toolbox?

I'd have used a sharpie to mark the box lids adding a mark on top and side so the lid goes on as it came off, not rotated 90 / 180 or 270. After a few years in the loft you may find the labels has been stolen by the label fairy (the sticky fails and they get blown off).

Sponsored Links
They're round glands. They're really only for aesthetics, like I say I'll be clipping the t+e so they don't need to provide strain relief.

The cables are marked in sharpie also because yea im sure the labels will last about 3 weeks, especially on the cables. I like the idea of marking the lid orientation. Will do that later

If they made a T+E gland that could take two cables I would gladly have used that. But the top box would have needed 7 holes (6 fittings + 1 feed). Think I would have been pushing it to get 3 x 20mm holes on a 100mm box without breaking it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back