Downlights in bathroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon guys. We are going to refurb our bathroom, & the wife wants ceiling skimmed over old artex pattern & downlights put in. We have a ceiling light already in place.

What is the logical order to do it. Downlights first & then skimmed or vice versa.
Not doing it myself, but I'm thinking downlights first, so hole from original light can be filled. Is this correct or not.

Cheers for any replies

Sponsored Links
I would leave the Artex alone myself to avoid possible asbestos release.:unsure:
Worth thinking about steam from the bathroom causing problems above as the lights seldom seal up fully.

roughly speaking, yes, first skim and then downlights - but its not as simple as that.
theres the cables and any conn boxes etc. that might need access to before any plastering?
and the elec Regs for bathrooms.

why not ask in the elec forum?

Sponsored Links
roughly speaking, yes, first skim and then downlights - but its not as simple as that.
theres the cables and any conn boxes etc. that might need access to before any plastering?
and the elec Regs for bathrooms.

why not ask in the elec forum?
Cheers for the reply. Wasn't sure which forum to post on, didn't think it would matter that much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back