Downlights in vaulted ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

i am havIng my flat roof pitched up into a vaulted ceiling on my bungalow .
the roof height will be approx 5 meters high to the top of roof.

we are considering vaulting all the way up and looking at possibly installing downlights ? Can anyone offer any recommendations for downlights to use .

Roof is to be constructed using 6x2 timbers , so 100mm insulation between rafters and then 50mm insulation below . Roof pitch is 22.5 degrees.

Are there any good slim downlights that are adjustable that won’t cause issue re insulation etc ?
Room will be a kitchen Diner .

approx 8 meters long by 3 meters wide .

Any advice appreciated .

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Don't cut the insulation for downlights, you should be able to find suitable surface mount lights, and at 5m tall, you won't have to worry about head height.

Presume this lighting is more for ambience?
You could always built in a recess into the wall somewhere and hide an LED strip light(s), to illuminate the ceiling.

I hung a large pendant light from the beam rather than chop the insulation.

Don't cut the insulation for downlights, you should be able to find suitable surface mount lights, and at 5m tall, you won't have to worry about head height.

Presume this lighting is more for ambience?
You could always built in a recess into the wall somewhere and hide an LED strip light(s), to illuminate the ceiling.

I hung a large pendant light from the beam rather than chop the insulation.
The lights are to light the room .
we like the thought of spots/downlights as we have them in hallway and like the clean look But will look at surface mounted lights too.

Sponsored Links
I was just wondering if downlights will give enough light 5m from the floor?

Perhaps someone will comment on this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back