downlights

Yes they will b in parallel just in two parallel spurs if u like from the switched side of the live one going off with 7 lights on the other with just one, just wondered if having the Severn on one parallel circuit and one on the other made any difference both feed from the same switch wire just that a live and neutral go on two ways would b easier to show on a diagram, any way think I av found a way to just wire all 8 in parallel from the junction box ( switch live and neutral ) in one daisy chain thanks for ur help.

Just one other thing that I have found when lifting the floor boards that I have two cables running tight between a joist and two very hot central heating pipes looks like they have used the notch in the joist for the pipes to cram a couple of cables in, must av been done since the house was built do u think I should re route these one I can pull back the other I will have to junction box?

Sponsored Links
Don't fit junction boxes unless absolutely unavoidable.

Put some foil around the pipes (not the cables) and separate as best you can.

Can you make the notch a little bit bigger?

Should really be a metal plate over the cables.

Have I missed the handbag fight?

You could indeed do what you prepose, and wire one back to the switch/jb on its own, and daisy chance the others together and back to the switch/junctionbox.

Alternativly, while I presume three wires into the one light, second from the end, might be a bit tight, you could daisy chain the lot, going back to the first/nearst one and then on to the next one and forwards. As long as its not a mess, cable size/lenght are sensable, and you dont have a dozen wires trying to go into one fitting!

Daniel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back