Download from YouTube

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI
What software are you all using to download from You Tube please?

I want to download Beatles Instrumentals and then convert to wav and then burn onto disc.

I downloaded something from Download.com but it came with a load of spyware! :evil:

Any advice please.

Sponsored Links
I use a programme called Audacity which records the audio straight to mp3. You can edit with it too, or fade in/out etc - handy to get rid of the big space at the start, or to add an extra space at the end etc.

Sponsored Links
+1 for Audacity

To rip from Youtube I usually use http://www.video2mp3.net/

But it appears to be doing something weird lately.

[Edit] Must've been a glitch in the Matrix as I've just "Test" ripped Split Enz - Dirty Creature from YouTube and it's working ok again.

Baidu Spark Browser has the built-in ability to download streaming video and MP3s including YouTube:

http://en.browser.baidu.com/

It is a chrome-type browser with other facilities like a media player, and it also has a torrent client to download directly from pages with torrent links.

Baidu also offers a utility suite and antivirus. All the software is free.

You may wish to consider google's (youtubes owners) terms of service from which the following is a excerpt

"You agree not to access Content for any reason other than your personal, non-commercial use solely as intended through and permitted by the normal functionality of the Service, and solely for Streaming. "Streaming" means a contemporaneous digital transmission of the material by YouTube via the Internet to a user operated Internet enabled device in such a manner that the data is intended for real-time viewing and not intended to be downloaded (either permanently or temporarily), copied, stored, or redistributed by the user.

So technically it is illegal to download youtube files.

Hi Eddie

Prior to my request I downloaded some software from Download .com to assist me with You Tube and I soon regretted it.

Ran Malaware bytes and Spybot and had over 200 spies!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Be warned everyone that although things are given free, there is always a price to pay. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back