Downpipes - 63mm or 76mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have some seamless aluminium gutters and they appear to have a rubber sleeve for the downpipe which measures roughly 63mm. Having spoken to the manufacturer, they said I can use either 63mm or 76mm downpipes but I can't get an answer out of them as to whether or not it makes any difference other than the larger downpipes possibly looking better on a medium to large sized, two-storey property.

Any opinions welcome.

Sponsored Links
68mm is standard.
Like other aluminium downpipes, Marley Alutec Tudor, which is the one I was intending to use, is available as 63mm, 76mm and 102mm:

I agreed to it as my property is in a conservation area but, as I say, it just seems odd that I can use 63mm or 76mm even though the gutter has a 63mm outlet.

Sponsored Links
it just seems odd that I can use 63mm or 76mm even though the gutter has a 63mm outlet.
Every sink in your house has a 15mm inlet and a 40mm outlet.

It's when an inlet is larger than its corresponding outlet that there's a problem..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back