Downstairs hot tap not firing up boiler.

Ok ,sounds like you have had enough of " Junior" !! 15 years ain't a bad age to have lasted ,given the fact that you have neglected it somewhat .
But changing the boiler isn't going to improve the taps performance.

Thanks Terry, as long as the water gets hot when I turn the tap on then I'll be happy. The flow rate (although you say its very poor) looks ok when the tap is actually running. If a new boiler make it hot and I get 4 litres a minute out of it, I'll be happy!

Sponsored Links
Turn off the isolater to the cold side of the tap try it then. Faulty tap if the boiler then fires up.

I haven't FULLY turned the cold tap off, but I've restricted it so that the flow is now less than the hot tap (where before it was stronger) and now the boiler seems to kick in every time! Faulty tap do ya think maybe?

You mentioned that the tap you've had fitted is for low pressure, but looking at that type would suggest to me it should be high?

Sponsored Links
If you have a combi boiler and the cold runs from the mains then the pressure should be equalised therefore there shouldn't be a pressure imbalance (cold stopping the hot). It could be a duff cartridge that isn't mixing properly.

Is it a branded make of tap or is it from our one of the online plumbing wondersheds?

If you have a combi boiler and the cold runs from the mains then the pressure should be equalised therefore there shouldn't be a pressure imbalance (cold stopping the hot). It could be a duff cartridge that isn't mixing properly.

Is it a branded make of tap or is it from our one of the online plumbing wondersheds?

Hi, I'm not exactly sure where the tap was purchased from, but on my invoice the description is "ELO045 Shower mixer twin lever tap, brushed" and I've uploaded a pic of it. if you recognise it and know of any common faults then I'd be grateful to pick your brains on it1 Thanks.

Attachments

• tap.jpg
    tap.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 68
If that bendy spout can reach the water in that basin then it won't be WRSA approved and more likely than not from China.

Don't really need to say much more than that TBH.

I've found the problem. There is a flexible metal hose feeding the hot tap and it was kinked, but this was hard to see because it is hidden behind the sink waste. 6 litres/min + now, firing the boiler every time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back