Downstairs Shower room and toilet (Guesstimate)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Before you jump down my throat LOL, i am after a rough cost to see what sort of price this will be.

To Brick and roof with waste pipes installed in ground then i can do the rest inside.

The Cheaper Factors

I live in the West midlands.
I could build internal wall and doors and install the bathroom.
B & Q spec stuff.

The High Cost factors are

1/ Waste pipe is 3 meters away down in the ground, so will need to branch into a Neighbours waste pipe that crosses my garden to a man cover in my garden.

2/ Car port currently there will take that down myself unless that can be used as the roof incorporated in Maybe? if not just sod it off :)

3/ Roof not fussed flat with Rubber roof maybe or Angled Say Angled for most expensive Guesstimate.

This is my plan bottom of the page is my current house

2.5 m x 2.5 m Area sorry not sure how to zoom in on picture

Downstairs Toilet.png

Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
The wife as asked if the carports roof as got to go or can that be used in the build?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Gotta go bud.
For one thing, the ceiling is only at 2.1m. Pants. The other is that it won't be up to the task thermally.

Ok Noseall, thanks again thought the thermal might be an issue just double checking will pass the news on to the Boss ;)

Got another question please, before i place a small log cabin 3 x 2.3m log cabin near to where the extension will hopefully go in the future, i want to make sure we can fit a T piece fitting into the existing clay pipe running through my garden from the neighbours house, this is 1 of 3 that links to a man hole cover in my garden.

So here is a picture from when i dug the foundation for the conservatory to show the angle of the clay soil pipe leading of to the neighbours house.

This is the area in chalk where the clay pipe is currently lying, from left (conservatory side) and it needs to end where the right chalk line stops as this is where the log cabin room will be sitting, do you think there is a enough room to fit a t-piece 2 some small pipe to each end then the 2 flexi adaptors in or can anyone see a problem i think it might just about be ok to work round the length is measuring 900 mm.

Thanks for your time

Anyone Could do with reassurance before the Cabin is coming next week, can anyone see a problem here before the cabiin is set down on the slabs and it been to late , would not want to remove cabin in the future to install the toilet waste once its all built. Cant really lay the cabin any where else but here.

Thanks you

If you are planning on joining in a WC to that existing sewer, I think you will need to install a chamber there, the B.C.O. may not allow a junction. Drains, (particularly from a WC), must run in a straight line, although bends are permitted immediately outside a manhole. Not entirely sure what you're hoping to put in, but

All drain runs need to be accessible for rodding in the event of a blockage.

Right mmmmmm, it will be a shower room and toilet 3 meteres away this could be tricky iam not to sure how big the chamber is i get to install if the is the case.

Thanks for info

Right mmmmmm, it will be a shower room and toilet 3 meteres away this could be tricky iam not to sure how big the chamber is i get to install if the is the case.

Thanks for info

Could someone link me a picture to one of these chambers please so i can measure up thank you

How deep is the existing drain? 250mm diameter chamber can be used up to 600mm deep, 300 for max 900mm deep, up to 3m deep you need the 500mm chamber.

If i remember correctly its no more than 1000 mm deep 110 claypipe. thanks for the quick response.

I think i am buggered if i got 900 mm length to play between conervatory and log house with the 500 mm chamber needed then the 300 -600 mm rocker pipes each side it will not fit.

Can the rockers be slightly smaller than 300 or is this a rule that should be followed?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back