Downstairs Shower room and toilet (Guesstimate)

Minimum 300mm dia chamber then, otherwise you'll never bend the roads enough to get them into the pipe. If you can get a 450mm chamber in though, that would be preferable for that depth.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for you feedback much appreciated, i am guessing that the one connection could fit directly onto the one clay pipe directly, then a rocker pipe could be used on the other side with a sleeve to make the connection this i think would just fit nicely in the given area.

Unless you have a chamber to accept clay pipework, (and that will also depend on the O.D. of the clayware, it has changed slightly over the years with new ranges of pipes), you'll have to use some sort of adaptor to get from clay to plastic, and then use a couple of plastic stubs on the chamber which will act as rockers. Can you get an ID off the coupling just visible in the picture?

Alternatively, if you can remove that coupling just visible in the picture then swap that for a clay to plastic, you could go from there in plastic, then back to clay the other side of the chamber. maybe better as you avoid cutting the clayware, but may have to be whatever is easiest.

Hugh iam ever so gratefull for your info with this i have managed to locate this page with a step by step of the instalationn with the rockers to the clay pipe, iam convinced this will be a doable project now so will carry on with the log cabin and start getting some plans drawn up .

http://www.pavingexpert.com/drain15.htm

Big thanks

Sponsored Links
If you can clean up those black plastic jointing collars, and come back with the name on them, I might be able to make things a little easier for you yet. Need to know if those are 'Hepsleve' or 'Supersleve' pipes, there is a slight difference in size.

OMG it has been 3 years since i mentioned about this hope all is well, i decided to shelf this idea and i am still undecided what to do i wanna move in 4 years ish but may not see how it goes really cant decide, so in the mean time i was thinking of doing this extension but adding to the the back of this plan with a 2.5 m x 3m bedroom to the back of the picture where the green wood is.

@noseall hello again any guesstimate at the current prices for this build please, or current pounds per sq meter , i would need to move gas and electric meters 3 meters to front of the new extension they would be shorter by coming back on its self from the road, i would have a flat rubber roof, the total area would be 12.5 sq meters.

Thanks a lot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back