DPC injections & single skin brickwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have had a damp proof course injected in the house and have had the walls rendered with the damp proof liquid that stops salts rising etc. I have a utility room that is single skin brickwork that has also been injected, rendered inside from floor to ceiling with a skim finish. I have heard that sometimes it is best to have this battened and silver backed insulation board put behind the plasterboard. Is this the way it should have been done? Or is it ok to leave it rendered & skim coat seeing as its been injected?
If a kind person could clarify this for me I'd be very grateful!! ;)
thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for the reassurance and getting back to me so quickly!

Do you know about what to do with an old quarry tiled floor? I have quarry tiles on the kitchen floor, do you know if it i ok to just put levelling compound down and just run vinyl over the top? One I has in to price for the plastering said the floor needs to be dug out!! I know theres no DPC and the quarry tiles are just bedded on soil but is this really necessary?
thanks again prenticeboyofderry

Sponsored Links
Definitely batten and insulate you walls. You'll get black mould from condensation if you don't.

Your floor needs work to seal it from damp. It will get all wet and smelly under the vinyl if you don't. Best to dig it up really.

thanks guys. I thought that would be the case. I just wanted to get advice to make my mind up and justify the extra expense! Oh well at least I'll know for next time....

If I have the wall battened, insulated and plasterboarded do I need to put an airbrick or anything in? Just wondering about trapping the moisture in and a lack of airflow.
thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back