DPC level and Garage personnel door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'm measuring up for a workshop to be built on the back of my existing detached garage and want to put a personnel door in.

My question is about the DPC. This is 2 courses up from the patio floor, and if I measure up 1989mm (which seems to be the size of the doors I've found) it takes the door to the top course of bricks. Will this be ok, or can the door sit 1 course down from the DPC?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
If PVC, no problem. If a wooden frame, just make sure it has DPC sat below the saddle and against the vertical brick reveal to keep damp off the wood.

I've been looking at a Hormann 2001 personnel door, which comes with a steel frame. Doing the measurements using that door I should be able to set it on the DPC after all - original plans were for a taller upvc door. Thanks for the info.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back