dpc on concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello
does anyone know what you use on concrete floors for damp proofing. i have area 4 foot square where a fire place was and it needs filling with somthing. the rest of the floor is a bitumem looking substance about 10mm thick does anyone know what it is and where i can get it
many thanks chris

Sponsored Links
are you saying there is a trough to fill where a fire place once stood. if so how deep is the trough?

Sponsored Links
You can't go far wrong with Marley bitumen paint and primer, available from homebase. I have used it and have worked a treat. The only trouble is that it doesn't stop condensation. I have tanked an external wall with it and it has stopped the damp, but when I felt the wall today, it was soaking wet due to condesation. It's good stuff though, easy to apply, had no problems to tell the truth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back