DPC re-plastering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

just a quick one, i have just bought a property that needs a DPC injected. i am fine with the injection process, drilling etc and will knock off the damp/salt plaster 1m high. though i have read that i need to put back a render coat before skim.

My question is: do i need to use a 'special' render mix to aid the DPC or can i use a normal 4 to 1 render mix? would lime help? is there a chemical like plastersiser i can add?

thanks for your time guys

Mark

Sponsored Links
You would scratch coat/render the areas of wall as you said. 4 to 1 scratch coat, with a "waterproofer/plasticiser" added to the mix,,, top coat, 5 to 1 with same ad-mixes. You can then skim onto the render when set, with multi finish,,,, or,,, you can give the areas of wall a good scratch coat, or even two thinner ones, (with w/proofer/plasticiser added), leave to set and cure for a couple of days, and then coat out the wall flush with hardwall or bonding coat, then use the multi finish,, but i'd go for the cement render/multi finish option.

Roughcaster.

You would scratch coat/render the areas of wall as you said. 4 to 1 scratch coat, with a "waterproofer/plasticiser" added to the mix,,, top coat, 5 to 1 with same ad-mixes. You can then skim onto the render when set, with multi finish,,,, or,,, you can give the areas of wall a good scratch coat, or even two thinner ones, (with w/proofer/plasticiser added), leave to set and cure for a couple of days, and then coat out the wall flush with hardwall or bonding coat, then use the multi finish,, but i'd go for the cement render/multi finish option.

Roughcaster.
scratch coat 3 to 1 with a waterproof and a salt inhibitor additive. float coat with 4 to 1 without additive can use a plastisizer set in multi finish. leave 6 weeks before you paint. dan the dampproofer :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back