DPC when building off slab on piles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to build a single room extension. Due to the ground conditions it needs to be on piles. I reckon it would be cost effective to cast the floor and edge beam in one go as a reinforced slab. However, this would not have a damp proof course because of the piles.

I figured I could do a floating floor:
slab->polythene sheet dpc->TF70->chipboard

But I can't quite figure out how this works with the wall as any water running down the cavity ends up at the same level. To make things even more awkward I was thinking of using a timber frame with brick skin.

I'd be grateful for any help!

Tony

Sponsored Links
All of the sites that I've worked on with piled foundations had a ground beam ( either insitu or pre-cast) and the floor put in later, often block and beam. If you want to cast the 2 together you might be able to use the method used on raft foundations where the edge of the beam is a toe, making the face work and the cavity is a few courses lower than the top of the rest of the beam.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back