Dpm cutting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am about to lay my 1200 gauge dpm on my block and beam floor and wondered how I finish off the corners of the room, I saw one post where it said you should cut it in to the corner and tape it up then fit insulation.

Is this correct and if so what tape is best?

Also do you tape up insulation joints on the floor and fill any gaps with expansion foam should there be any?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
You fold the corners, not cut them.

You don't need to tape the joints, and there should not be any gaps to fill

Thanks Woody, I also trying to work out how to finish screed in upto the french doors and back door as the inner skin is pretty much the same level as the outer with a insulated cavity filler covering the void only leaving enough room for a 5 to 10 mm of screeding, will have the same issues when joining the new screed to old as the old external wall is up to to top of floor lvl.

This picture shows what I mean.
Screed level.jpg

Sponsored Links
There should be a DPC under the door, there is normally no need to use a DPM over block and beam floors.

Iirc, noseall posted a good image of what to do at thresholds. That inner skin should come down, and the DPM goes across to the external leaf and you screed right across, with a 10mm or 25mm insulation upstand against the external leaf.

Or leave it as it is, drop some celotex in the cavity and then fix a threshold board across.

Big thank you again woody, I'll have a search for the post, I think I found one similar where the screed was cracking near the door and they took a layer of brick off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back