Advice on laying DPM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Looking to lay damp proof membrane into a new garage floor slab.

We have 1000 gauge dpm roll, but I have read on this site the need to use 1200 gauge. We have plenty of the 1000 gauge so I planned to use 2 layers. Any problems with this ?

When it comes to jointing the dpm how much overlap should be used. I have read that a butyl mastic tape should be used to seal the interface and then the edge of the overlap covered with a polythene tape. Is this the accepted and normal way of sealing an overlap ?

We have a couple of plastic pipes coming up through the dpm. I take it that we can use the same polythene tape to secure the dpm to the plastic pipes ?

What is the most practical way of getting the dpm into the internal corners of the garage slab so that the concrere is the full thickness in the corners ?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
two layers sounds cool.

600mm laps.

you can buy specific dpm tape.

dog ear the membrane into corners.

Join the two same sides of each piece, then fold it back 180 degrees to form a 100mm lap and then tape it with any old tape. The weight of the floor seals it

If need be use duct tape, no need to pay for any specific DPM tape

Sponsored Links
builders yards sell it.

it is very sticky and responds well in windy conditions, unlike duct tape.:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back