Dpm + dpc

Heating or insulated stud walls are irrelevant to the basic best practice - The Bldg Regs require that insulation goes into all interior pours.
The Bldg Regs are for now, and all future owners of the property
I am a little confused here.

are you saying, even if it’s not building regs compliant, it is best to insulate under the floor to future proof? ( although that wouldn’t help as part L compliance wouldn’t help make an exempt structure compliant)

Sponsored Links
Post # 30, or should we call you Chill? So you do DIY AND amateur psychology - terrific.
You even include your achievements in something you call: Fact.
Problem is that you sound very hot & bothered & slightly unbalanced. Not good for Fact.
All things pass even wrong things, if you Chill keep googling.
If you keep trucking you might end up in the naughty hole with the other trolls.

If you want to criticise my posts then get it correct please

Post # 30, or should we call you Chill? So you do DIY AND amateur psychology - terrific.
You even include your achievements in something you call: Fact.
Problem is that you sound very hot & bothered & slightly unbalanced. Not good for Fact.
All things pass even wrong things, if you Chill keep googling.
If you keep trucking you might end up in the naughty hole with the other trolls.

If you want to criticise my posts then get it correct please
Very sad, I hope you get better :)

Sponsored Links
But you said 'Building Regulations don't apply to porches full stop'?
Correct. That does not mean you can use crap footings, no DPC or zero cement. It means there is no need for an application or inspections, so standards are up to the customer/builder. He can improve on the B' Regulations if he wishes. Of if its just a non-heated place to dump the wellies and keep you dry, then the builder can refrain from fitting insulation etc.

Correct. That does not mean you can use crap footings, no DPC or zero cement. It means there is no need for an application or inspections, so standards are up to the customer/builder. He can improve on the B' Regulations if he wishes. Of if its just a non-heated place to dump the wellies and keep you dry, then the builder can refrain from fitting insulation etc.
The standards for any glass or electrical installations must meet the standards written in the Building Regulations, not what the homeowner or builder thinks is OK, ergo the contents of the Regulations apply in fact everything in my first post does, it's also listed out for you in the labc link also posted in the thread so why do keep harping on they do not have any relevance to the build?

The regulations are not irrelevant, just because an application is unnecessary, parts of the build must still comply if applicable.

For clarity a 'porch' does not require a Building Regulations application. However, you still need to put foundations under it, else it will fall down. :rolleyes:

Of course it doesn't need an application, nobody is disputing that but you are still unable to fathom that certain elements as well as the foundations must still comply with the approved documents. Do I need to explain it in baby talk?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back