Or does it not matter
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I put 1 in under the concrete floor I now have 150mm to make up to ffl
75mm insulation 75mm of screed
I'm of the understanding I still need a secondary dmp
But am unsure of the positioning

Sponsored Links
It is good practice to either fit another DPM or tape the insulation joints, when adding a screed on top of inso'. The idea is that you are to prevent any screed material from falling down any joints and coming into contact with the cold slab.

Ahhhhh ok thanks for the reply guys
So a secondary dpm isn't needed
I was taping the joints anyway with foil back tape just wasn't sure whether the screed would attach the insulation in any way

If you screed over insulation you should fit a separation layer between the screed and insulation. This also doubles as a vapour layer. It needn't be 1200g, the minimum is usually 500g.

Hello guys. Im in the same boat as the op only I have started laying my underfloor heating pipes, i have only done one bed room. I have layed dpm under the kingspan and taped all the joints, we are using flow screed. Im going to put some 500dpm everywhere else, do you think it would be ok to leave the one room without the top 500dpm? If not its a case of removing the pipes?

Thanks in advance.

Not likely to cause any major issue. BC may not allow it though, if it's being inspected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back