Drain from new extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

How do I deal with this problem. I need to put in a new drain from my patio (side of my new extension) to exhisting drain. Patio is lower than the drain. Building Regs inspector suggested a gully. Architect suggested I could take my drain across foundations to join into exhisting drain.

What is the best solution to this complex problem. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
No posibility of soakaway just for patio drain?

Sponsored Links
Nige F said:
No posibility of soakaway just for patio drain?

Hi "Nigel F"

I have had architect out this morning. Originally I was having a step of 150mm below floor of my extended dining room. He suggested I reduce the step to 75mm and take the drainpipe above the foundations. This 75mm step allows for drain but very close though.

On the other hand would it be possible to have a soakaway onto clay or into gravel pit.

Very Close ...may well be ok..because it`s rainwater not sewage....that`s when you need a fall for the drain to be "self cleansing".........gotta be easiest option just get a gulley that you can remove the silt from easily later ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back