drains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building a conservatory and a drain runs through the foundations from the property next to my property .Also I have a rainwater gully that runs into this drain which I want to remove.The drain is the old clay type,my querey is this can I cut the gulley off from the pipe leading down to the main drain and cap it using a drain plug and then seal it with mortar and then cover it with the conservatory floor.regards.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, i'm not that good with computers either,the drain is about 4 inch in diameter and runs parrallel with the house wall and the rainwater gulley i want to remove drains into it,if you can picture it.

Shouldn't be a problem cutting off your gulley into the main drain just be careful that what ever you are plugging it with cannot become dislodged and fall into the main drain which may block it preventing your neighbours waste running away.

Sponsored Links
Cheers Chappers ,I intend plugging with a nylon plug,the type used for drain testing,would this be ok and not let foul air out of the main drain.

Yep make sure its done up nice and tight so it cant slip down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back