Building over a surface drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any advice on capping a surface drain prior to laying an oversite for a conservatory

I have two drains to the rear of the property both are gully types with a grid and collect rainwater and currently have feeds entering them from the bathroom and kitchen waste

these feeds are being moved into the soil stack to go into the foul sewer and hence both gullies are no longer required

I'm told by building control they are not a shared sewer and i will probably not need rodding access from the property
is it a case of capping them off before laying the base (I've been told by various builders to simply stuff with newspaper and pour concrete in)

Do i need to present these via a sealed manhole cover into the conservatory for rodding access to be on the safe side?

I've also seen a stub stack approach but again i don't want this to protrude through the new floor

Andy

Sponsored Links
Is the gully a Victorian salt glaze with a brick surround. Is it a plastic one , sort of 10 years old. What is its level like compared with the base?
Frank

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back