Help required - build over agreement "refused"

I did a bit of research. Are the things in my garden inspection chambers and not manholes? Does that mean I have to add a rodding eye/manhole between the extension and the inspection chamber?

I always thought rodding is done with a flexible metal hose that rotates, clearing the blockage.

If you want to be pedantic, then an Inspection Chamber is a small pit that you work in from above, whereas a Manhole can be large enough for someone to enter and work within, provided the correct Health and Safety precautions are followed.

Most people now clear/clean sewers with High Pressure Water jetting gear, which will go around corners, but the basic rules of drainage installation still apply, and one of those is, bends in a run are only allowed immediately outside of a chamber. Seems to me the Water Company are being quite generous in so far as they're not demanding you divert the entire run around the proposed extension!
Sponsored Links
I’ve found Thames water to be pretty helpful and I would say they have helpful here too.

They were never going to pass a bend under a building.
ok, I got the agreement. the bend under the build is fine, as long as you can rod from both directions. no other objections, thanks all!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links