Build over agreement rejected?

Ok so an update on where we are at.

SW have approved our BOA, Building control have signed everything off, however due to the change we need to submit a Non Material Amendment as the design has changed.

Due to this we are using this opportunity to extend on the side that we was not initially going to use, due to the loss of space of not being able to go out the extra 2m.

Building control have said this should not be an issue, architect has redrawn the plans and we have submitted them. So now we wait the 28 days for the decision.

This extra bit on the side we could have actually done later under permitted development as it's well within the regs for that but figured it's easier to just include it in the NMA.

Due to the way this whole thing has come about the footings are already dug, including this extra bit on the side, building control signed this all off, concrete has been poured and bricks upto the DPM, just waiting now for building control to come and sign this off before we go further.

However we are still waiting on the NMA decision before building any higher as you just don't know if they will reject it.

Do you think we should carry on the brickwork once building control sign off the DPM stage? Or should we hold fire for the NMA decision?
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local