Build over agreement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The footings for my extension is about 80 cm from a shared sewer. Its united utilities. Does anyone know if this will require a build over agreement?

Also, the manhole shown on diagram is about 150 cm deep. I assume the footings will need to go down to this depth at the corner, but how far each way would I have to go at this depth before stepping them up to a more reasonable depth.
20210130_182413.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes. Within 3m is the criteria.

Stepped foundation is something for your designer to detail, not randomly guess.

Fair enough Woody. Just wondering what a 'typical' distance from sewer the deep footings would need to run. The designer has stated all footings to be to depth of invert if within 1 meter - its only the corner thats within a meter, the sewer runs off at an angle and very quickly gets further than a meter away.

The whole of that back wall looks like it will need to be below invert level and the side wall will depend how near the pipe is along the whole length, plus a few other factors.

Sponsored Links
Our was with UU a few years ago, we didn’t need an agreement but the BCO said the top corner of the foundation (or might have been the bottom corner) had to be under an imaginary 45degree line from the drain like this:

0C09AA95-0CC0-4A2A-8091-FC713D8BDA39.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back