drain pipe in foundations

L

legends

Im digging foundations for a extension and need to find a solution for a drain pipe.

Usually i would shutter the pipe and lay a lintel across, but im not sure with this. The pipe is very close to the existing house wall, hence not much space for a concrete slab on that side. Anyone know what i could do?

Maybe make a hole in the house foundation and rest the linten on house foundation and new extension foundation?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply post. I've just been told about some sort of wrap insulation. Apparently its wrapped around the drain and concrete is just pored over it into in the foundation.

I've tried to goggle it but haven't found any results. Anyone here know the proper name and whether or not it is good to use for my situation.

Thankyou in advance

Sponsored Links
Sorry, did not read your post right first time round. :oops:
Shutter full width of trench.75 mm clearance all round pipe and what ever clearance is left against house wall
Make up bottom and sides. Wedge in place, fix top of box.
Throw couple lengths of about 1800 long 12 or 16 rebar 100mm above shutter, to reinforce the cantilevered toe.
If you wish you can chop 100 deep pocket out in house footings and bed two 65x100 prestressed concrete lintels straight on top of new foundation from existing house to cover span of enclosed pipe, or you can hard tie new brick footings to existing footings and run bricktor in the first 6 course of footings.. Hope you understand.
Some scallywags wrap pipe in fibreglass, this is possibly what you have heard. No good. A clay pipe running through cony founds must be hard sleeved.
oldun:cool: :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back