Drain rod adaptor for drill Hex for use in chimney

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have purchased a drain rod set from screwfix with a chimney attachment brush which connect together OK, however, at the other end of the rod, I have a female thread that I would like to connect to a battery drill so that it rotates when cleaning the chimney.

Any ideas if the adaptor exists that allows me to connect a electric drill to a drain rod as I can't find one online or an alternative idea?

BAILEY 19MM BLACK DRAIN rod on screwfix

I found this on toolstation.com but the thread is for a core drill so it's too big, but the type of thing I had......
Diamond Core Drill Adaptor Hex Shank 80mm on toolstation

Sorry it won't allow me to add links as I am a new member hence the screwfix and toolstation descriptions.

Sponsored Links
Search ebay using for a male threaded connector, I'm not sure a battery drill would have the torque to power a set of chimney brushes.

Blup

battery drill is whats needed for chimney brushes. dont use a corded drill, you cant control as easy as using a battery drill, most modern battery drills have lots of power for rods.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back