Drain unblocking help

That stuff is a waste of time and money IMO. You've already got a snake 7m along the pipe, if that 7m is full of water, the chemical has a long way to go, and will be very dilute, by the time it gets to where its needed.

Can you see the connection where the waste pipe goes into the floor, i.e. does it go into a bigger pipe at floor level?

Sponsored Links
No, I can't see the pipe getting any bigger it looks to stay the same gauge as the sink waste pipe. Most of the waste pipes are at the front of the property is in ie toilets etc and the only close drain cover is at the front whereas the kitchen is at the rear

Ah, now you tell us! Location of the chambers isn't always relevant to the location of the room in the house, drains do run under buildings! Can you lift the cover at the front and see which direction the pipes run?

And if you do call a pro in them tell that you've used concentrated sulphuric acid - it's dangerous and they need to know.

Sponsored Links
Dye is the only way to truly find what wastes run into which drain - even then, you need several different colours!

The waste out the front runs away from the house so away from the kitchen. It's certainly clear. I have put some more unblocker down tonight which sounded like it went quite far down the pipe so we may be getting somewhere, it certainly progress from this morning where the acid bubble out of pipe when I only added 100ml and was after being idle for 14 hours

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back