Drainage advice, gravel driveway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning and a good new-year to you all

Anyone able to advise,

I an get some pics if it helps

My driveway at the moment is MOT/Crusher run and with a slight decline to the road/driveway exist. I live in an area where the ground is very clayish so water draining isn't great anyway but when we have heavy rain

the water pools at the end of the drive and sits around my wooden gates posts which isn't going to end well. It pools where the crusher meets the tarmac footpath

My plan was to gravel over crusher but i don't want to with the draining issue just yet, am i bet adding a channel drain at entrance to drive and dig a soak away in somewhere on my path for the water to drain better? or i am best digging in some type of french
drain with some pipes leading to a soak away somewhere in my drive.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm not an expert but I would have thought that the first step would be to dig one or more trial pits to see where you can place a soakaway / how deep it would need to be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back