Drainage around perimeter of raft foundation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have poured a 15 cm thick steel reinforced concrete raft on top of 15 cm consolidated hardcore with 1200 gauge visqueen as a DPM. As you can see in the pictures, there is quite a bit of water sat around the perimeter of the raft. It never seems to get much higher, but i'm concerned that during very heavy rain the water level may rise and flow onto the raft - i will be building a wooden outbuilding on it eventually and the concrete will be the final floor - i.e. want to divert the water somewhere else.

There is a combined sewer drain (Run off and soil) a couple of meters down the drive. Just wondering if there would be a way of diverting the water into the sewer. I was considering a channel drain down the side that would connect into the sewer. Any reason why it wouldn't work?

The area will eventually be covered with an elevated decked area and so wont have to accomodate any foot traffic.

You can see an inspection chamber on the drive which i was thinking of connecting into.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back