Drainage dripping...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again, just to say that I have a rad that has a very very slow drip from the drainage pipe. As I'm not a plumber I am not sure what its really called but I have seen plumbers use this with a bit of hose to drain the rad before removal. Hence I call it the drainage pipe!
It drips really slowly when rads are working, does not drip when cold. Have tightened a little, as far as I dare go and no change. Without wishing to run up a big bill I wonder if I could bung the whole with a small bespoke cork or similar? Highly unlikely I will ever need to use the pipe and if I leave a cork end exposed it could be taken out again with pliers or whatever (if really needed). Any advise on this action please?
thanks
Stephen

Sponsored Links
just change the rubber seal in the draincock or you will have a big bill the day you need to use it and you've blocked the hole.

Sponsored Links
just change the rubber seal in the draincock or you will have a big bill the day you need to use it and you've blocked the hole.

Ah ha, its a draincock!
Thanks Seco. I guess this involves sealing off each end and draining through this draincock first?
Stephen

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back