Drainage for new patio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for multiple threads, but I am trying to be a bit more specific now..

I want to add a patio section that goes out to meet garage side door. This would curve in. Then I would put 2 steps down or more into grass garden area. Removing all old flags and removing old patio to right completely.

Issue is drainage. There is a slopped gulley coming from driveway which presumably keeps my garage from flooding (which its not doing very well at the moment in stormy rain). From reading up I think I need to install some sort of Linear drainage? Put this all along front of garage where door is. Do I continue this right along to garage or could I install some sort of pipework that would go under the patio. I have a drain at opposite end of garage.

Any advice really appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You want some aco channel. You can run round th cor miner and under the garage door if you like, it could run into the lawn or you could tap it into a gully which is connected into a proper drain.

Could I just put the aco channel along the front of garage where large door is, and then use some sort of pipe at end to go under side door and patio over this and into garden?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back