Drainage In Garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I’m looking for some advice on drainage in my garden. Currently the highlighted areas of my garden are very wet and retention is very high even dry days after. The make up of the garden is likely to be a high percentage of clay.

If I were to install drainage, what would be the best way? My thinking is land coil pipe from right to left and leading it all out into the bottom left corner away from the soil. Put I didn’t know if a soak away would help in this instance?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

IMG_4250.jpeg

Sponsored Links
If a soakaway fed by a downpipe can store and drain water, then in principle that should be possible with the low patches on your lawn, though clay will take longer to drain. Using suitably graded aggregates or even the plastic crates specified for hard surface driveways. But it would need designing. The upside of clay is that it might retain water better in periods of drought.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back